When it comes to the pursuit of dream academic courses to set the course of life in the right direction, the availability of the right form of scholarship can prove to be lifeblood. Indeed, there are an immense number of students across the globe, especially from the third-world countries where students simply give up their dream of studying in best of the universities due to the lack of education fund. Applying to the right form of scholarship as per their eligibility could lessen their cost of education to a significant level. But unfortunately, most of the students pursing their higher studies endure a dearth of information about the types of scholarships that are available and what is the exact process to apply for the same.
When we look at the major epicentres of education around the world, then we would find that the USA, India, Australia, the UK, and the Europe are known for offering the high standards of education. The reputed colleges, institutes and universities of these countries are known to offer different forms of scholarships to its students and help curtail their tuition costs to a considerable extent. The students often use this amount wisely to hire assignment help for different types of assignment projects to finish their courses with highly impressive grades.
There have been instances where despite fulfilling all the eligibility requirements, students unable to apply for them due to lack of knowledge on the procedures. The prima-facie objective of this piece of writing is to inform students about the most common and relevant forms of scholarships that are accessible in the centres of education mentioned above and the most genuine tips to smartly hunt for the right scholarship.
How can this Guide Help?
Well, we are going to begin this guide by providing students with general information on different types of scholarships that are prevalent in colleges and universities. Subsequently, we are going to discuss some of the effective yet lesser-known tips to search and apply for these scholarships. This blog is prepared by the experts who have dedicated years to assignment writing services and know about education culture prevalent in universities more than anybody else. The details not going to be based upon surmises, rather the most concrete evidence backed information that one can access through the trusted official websites of major universities. The guide is going to help the students to prepare their application process in a better way. The steps incorporated in the guide will help the students to land on the right kind of scholarship that they rightly deserve.
Are you just one step away from entering your dream university by penning the right Statement of Purpose (SOP)? Read the below article and delve into the perfect SOP writing secrets that even the most respected experts seldom discuss.
MUST READ: Learn the Art of Writing Perfect Statement of Purpose and Get into your Dream University with Flying Colours!
The Types of Scholarships Commonly Offered at University Levels
Prior to filling up the application form, it is imperative for the students to understand the common rules and regulations on the grounds of which the scholarships are assigned. Conventionally speaking, the scholarships are normally awarded based on merit, yet there are certain parameters that go beyond that. The following are the categories under which the scholarships are usually allotted –
- Academic Scholarships: As per the regulatory policies set by the US Department of Education, the students who have scored 3.0+ GPAs over a scale of 4.0 is regarded as eligible for academic scholarships. Besides, the students who have excelled in a specific activity like sports or dance are also regarded as eligible. These forms of scholarships are meant for all-round students and carry a huge reputation while entering the campus. These forms of scholarships help to waiver high tuition fees and sometimes bestowed upon the students in the form of national awards.
- Athletes/ Sports Scholarships: These scholarships are allotted to the athletes who have achieved enough laurels and accolades to get recruited into top sports teams at universities. In such cases, students are offered the scholarship rather than applying exclusively for the same. Tuition fee waiver is provided to the student athletes once they compete and prove their eligibility. Here, the student is required to balance the studies and maintain the level of performance in the concerned sport.
- Individual Scholarships: Individual scholarships are allotted by the university itself or a donor or the trust funded by a donor. These scholarships are given to meritorious students as well as the ones who have excelled in athletics. The eligibility of individual scholarship is capped by the terms and conditions set by the concerned granting authority (i.e., university, donor, etc.)
- Requirement Oriented Scholarships: These scholarships are specially tailored for the students who aspire, talent, strong will but no strong financial background. Here, various factors are taken into consideration prior to awarding this form of scholarship –
- The monthly income of the family.
- Total number of children enrolled in schools and universities from the household of the student
- The current cost of living in the country where the university is in existence
- The nature of the jobs of the earning member(s) of the family
Please note that the requirement-based scholarships are regarded as independent than the academia-based scholarships. There are regulations put forth by the education’s bodies on the grounds of which students can apply for both the forms of scholarships.
Being a foreign student at an international university comes with its own challenges. Master yourself in top 10 essential skills at the below link and get the secrets to not only survive but thrive in a foreign university.
- Minorities Scholarship: These forms of scholarships are commonly found in the countries functioning in a democratic setup. Here, the students belonging to minority communities remain eligible for one such kind of scholarship. Apart from minorities, the students representing a particular culture, tribe and ethnicity also awarded scholarship of one or the other kind.
- Scholarships for Women: The scholarships that are specially designed for women pursuing careers in different fields of study. Earlier, most of the colleges were attended by only male students, so to encourage the participation of female students in colleges and universities. The scholarships are awarded as a special prerogative to the female students to fetch the opportunity of earning top class education without facing the financial burden and serve oneself, family, and the society.
- Artistic Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to the students who wish to pursue their passion in the field of creative arts. These fields of creative arts include painting, dance, music, etc. and win scholarships by giving auditions. There are plenty of scholarships offered in this regard in the countries like the USA, Australia, India, the UK, etc. so that the students can pursue their passion by getting into dance, art, or music schools.
- Community Service Oriented Scholarships: There is always a dispensation of students who are always eager to help others via community service. These forms of scholarships are awarded to the students displaying moral virtues and values and are dedicated to performing community services of outstanding level. There are colleges and universities who set special funds to reward such students on a timely basis.
- Uncommon Scholarships: They are amongst the scholarships that are offered by the companies for the purpose of their promotion. For instance, the student whose hairs are silkiest would get $100 as a prize money. This can be bestowed by a shampoo company selling hair care product and wish to promote the same at the university campus. It is not a traditional form of scholarship that simply gets waived off from the tuition fees. Yet, it would provide the student(s) an opportunity to make some extra bucks. Brand endorsement is one of the ways through which students can generate income in legit ways and compensate for their tuition expenses by staying right at the campus.
From the list assembled above, we can easily understand the fact that the scholarships that are distributed by the universities and private trusts and entities are both conventional and customised. Now, it is the time to understand how we can explore and apply for these scholarships in an effective manner.
Does the inferior quality PowerPoint presentation content undermine your confidence at public stage? Outshine rest of the speakers by learning how to build powerful PPT content only at the below link now –
Tips and Tactics to Hunt and Apply for Scholarships
Being one of the most responsible and leading paid assignment help agencies online, we firmly believe in the fact that it is our duty to guide our students about their rights. The fact of the matter is searching and applying for scholarships is as a laborious task as drafting online assignment help for the students by the experts. The reason is that it requires good research skills, concentration, and patience to dig out the right type of scholarship suiting our needs. However, we are going to throw some light on some of the most prudent tactics that students can follow to make their search easier while looking for scholarships that match their eligibilities, abilities, and achievements.
- Searching for Merit-based High Value Scholarships: If the student has consistently performed to secure a high GPA and excelled in his or her chosen field of co-curricular activity, then he or she should look forward to one such high value scholarships. Such scholarships are known to offer a certain percentage to full tuition waiver patronage. Yes, while searching for such scholarships on the official website of the university, specially keep in mind the deadline date and fill the application form accordingly on a timely basis.
- Searching for Less Popular Scholarships for Non-Meritorious Students: The types of scholarships are rightly meant for the students who do not fit in the criteria of strong academia record or excellence in sports. The less popular scholarships are easy to access and apply because most of the other student do not compete for them. In case there are five such scholarships of $1000 each, the total amount of scholarship would be equivalent to $5000. The students should focus on such scholarships so that they can get assured $1000 or even more.
- Searching and Applying for Multiple Scholarships: When it comes to the probability of approval, then scholarship applications are just like job applications. In case the student has applied for more than one place, the chances are high to eventually succeed. It is recommended to apply for as many scholarships as possible. For instance, we have applied for 20 scholarships, there are chances of qualifying for at least 5 on the grounds of eligibility and eventually securing at least 1. Therefore, applying for multiple scholarships is one of the smartest ways to boost our chances of securing a scholarship.
- What is Scholarship Committee’s Take on Eligibility?: We usually come across numerous students who try to put 100% of their efforts to prove their candidacy. But most of the students tend to miss the most critical aspect (or rather the party) in the whole process. Yes, we are talking about the committee that has been set-up to award the scholarship. It is always a smarter move to get a glimpse of what the scholarship committee has already put forth as a benchmark for the student to be deemed eligible for scholarship. Always draft your scholarship application according to the same and only emphasise on the relevant details that the committee would like to observe. It will always help us to come out as a winner when the competition is intense and the margin of difference amongst the most suited candidates is quite low.
- Actively Partake in Chosen Co-curricular Activity: Most of the scholarships that are awarded to the students based on co-curricular activities expect the students to participate in the said activity on a regular basis. If the co-curricular activity is revolving around a particular sport, then it is imperative for the applicant to demonstrate the skills like team spirit, perseverance, leadership, and creativity. Please note that the scholarship reviewers always evaluate such attributes in the student on a regular basis. Simply highlighting the activities that look impressive on the application form is a blunder that students often commit. It is best to be more reasonable by mentioning the activities that genuinely interest you. It will help us to draft a scholarship application that can present a true self and express more enthusiastically about the same. Indeed, if we must choose between one activity that we are genuinely interested in or highlighting activities with little to no interest, then we should opt for the former without a blink of hesitation.
- Knock for Assistance: While inking our application for scholarship from pen to paper, we should never hesitate to seek expert opinion from our teachers, professors, peers, parents, and counsellors. These are some of the entities that can enrich the knowledge of the student with valuable information. Here, professors and counsellors are regarded as one of the most specialised sources of information. In case you wish to seek help from the experts outside the campus, then it is strongly recommended to seek help from specialised assignment help agency that can help you draft eloquent scholarship application. The most trusted agency will always hold the hands of the students to look beyond case study help, essay help, dissertation help, coursework help, research paper writing help, PowerPoint presentation help, thesis help, etc. They even guide students with their statements of purpose (SOP) and scholarship applications. Just outsource the task to one such credible agency and get the job done in the most professional sense.
Hiring the services of experts is one of the key ways to present our scholarship application in a more confident manner. If applying for the right scholarship as per the eligibility is the need of the hour, but you are feeling hesitant to write the application that can get the attention of the review committee right away, then it is the time to reach Thoughtful Minds. Here, you can outsource the writing to experts who have helped an immense number of students in the past to win their chosen scholarship.
Thoughtful Minds is a global, easily recognizable brand in the field of assignment writing services online with 500+ writers working in-house to deliver thousands of students the right academic help that they truly deserve. Whether your needs are related to admission essays, scholarship applications, coursework assignments, research papers, or PowerPoint presentations, the service page of this agency is the one-stop destination for you.